Here, in no particular order, are links to the websites of some improv theatre groups and organizations in the Netherlands and elsewhere. There is a slant here towards theatre groups interested in, experimenting with, using and developing long form and experimental improv.
If your group should have a link on this page, let me know!
- AllImprov, an umbrella organisation promoting improv theatre activities in the Netherlands (in Dutch)
- ImproCentrum, promoting top quality Dutch improv theatre activities (in Dutch)
- TVA, the Theatresport Vereniging Amsterdam (in Dutch - with an excellent links page)
- Boom Chicago, US-style showtime comedy improv entertainment in Amsterdam
- DIT - Dit Is Theater, a large Dutch improv theatre and cabaret group (in Dutch)
- CatchImpro, the latest thing in theatresports-based competitive improv
- easylaughs, weekly international comedy improv shows in Amsterdam, plus courses and walk-in workshops
- Improvvivo National Centre for ImproTheatre Research, Fermo, Italy - a cross-discipline improv centre with big ambitions and beautiful people (well, they are Italian)
- Improteatro in Bologna, Italy
- Et Compagnie, Lyon, France - host annual 'SPONTANéOUS' festival
- FLUXX, London - all sorts of interesting approaches and projects to interdisciplinary improv
- London Improv Festival (well, it might happen one day... *sigh*)
- Theater Narobov, Ljubljana, Slovenia - long form masters, groundbreakers and all-round good fellows - host annual 'Goli Oder' festival
- Theater Im Bahnhof, Graz, Austria: a great line in monologues
- Isar 148, Munich's best
- Stockholms Improvisationsteater, Sweden
- Die Gorillas, Berlin, Germany: host Europe's largest improv festival
- Liga de Improvisación Madrileña, Madrid, Spain
- Improphil, Luzern: living proof that the Swiss aren't all fearful conservatives
- Krepsko, Prague: 'focusing on dance, acting, mime, song and musical improvisation'
the Americas and Canada
- Unexpected Productions, Seattle. Randy Dixon's ace crowd: 44 at the last count. These people are serious.
- Improvolympic, the Chicago group who invented the Harold
- The Brody Theatre, Portland, Oregon, who concentrate on long form
- The Upright Citizens' Brigade Theater, New York / Los Angeles, doing some long form too
- The People's Improv Theater, New York
- The Magnet Theatre, New York, hosting some new stuff
- Tongue and Groove, Philadelphia, real emotions and long form
- Keith Johnstone, theatresports workshops and license collection (just kidding, Keith)
- Slap Happy, Toronto, Canada
- La Gata Impro, Colombia - a global reputation for physical theatre
the entire planet
- this is the ultimate list of improv theatre groups worldwide (whether or not they are interested in long form, abstract work, etc).
the virtual world